Meadow Mushrooms Waterways Centre Master’s Scholarship for International Students, New Zealand
This scholarship is funded by Meadow Mushrooms Ltd to support a Master’s research student affiliated with the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management at either the University of Canterbury or Lincoln University.
1 slot available
1. The scholarship is tenable by full-time and part-time students in their research thesis year of a master’s degree programme at either the University of Canterbury or Lincoln University.
2. The scholarship is tenable for study towards a master’s degree in any discipline, where the recipient is affiliated with the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management and is undertaking research of relevance to freshwater resource management.
3. Every recipient not already enrolled in an applicable master’s programme should normally be enrolled in that programme by 15 July in the year of application. A recipient who is unable to enrol by that date must seek permission from the Director of the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Research to take up the scholarship at a later date. Without this permission the award will be terminated.
4. The scholarship is awarded by the Council of the university with which the recipient is enrolled or will be enrolled, on the recommendation of a selection committee that comprises: a. the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Canterbury (or nominee); b. the Vice-Chancellor of Lincoln University (or nominee); and c. the Director of the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management (or nominee).
5. In making its recommendation, the committee will consider, in order of priority:
a. the quality of the candidate’s thesis research topic;
b. financial need; and
c. academic achievement.
6. To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must have met the academic requirements for enrolment in the qualifying master’s programme by 1 March in the year of application.
7. Unless otherwise specified in the offer letter, an offer of a scholarship will lapse if it is not formally accepted within one calendar month of the date of the offer.
8. The scholarship is not co-tenable with other awards of equal or greater value.
9. A condition of acceptance is that recipients permit publication and announcement of their acceptance of the award, and that they will be willing to engage in community activities, such as participating in site visits to Meadow Mushrooms, and being involved, as appropriate, with publicity of the University of Canterbury, Lincoln University, and the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management.
10. Continuation of the scholarship is conditional on satisfactory academic progress and adherence to the relevant university’s statutes and regulations